As more and more White Christians are waking up to the realities of racism, discrimination, and inequalities and inequities still happening in this country in 2020, my guest, Kristen A. Brock is using her online ministry as a platform for justice and healing.
Over at Only By Grace 415 uses her voice to speak about race and the church.
“Recognizing how I have been complicit in this in my own life I intend to trace how over hundreds of years the white Christian church has gone from participation to complicity to silence on this issue, preferring to see race as an individual problem rather than a societal one; to relegate the discussion to a political one rather than a spiritual one. I believe we are called to deep repentance before we can begin the process of reconciliation and that process starts with me. It starts with looking at my own implicit bias and encouraging well-meaning but uninformed people to take a look at the church’s history and the role white people should play in fighting for our brothers and sisters of color. It starts with telling my story as a good Christian girl in whom God began a process to use my voice to stand up for what I think Jesus would be doing and what I believe He asks us to do.”
In this interview, we talk about:
- The issues of race and Christianity and how the church should handle it
- How we are living in a critical, pivotal moment in time to heal, reconcile, and show God’s glory in the earth.
- How recent racial events have spurred and encouraged her to use her voice, position, and privilege to WWJD (What Would Jesus Do) for her non-white Christian Sisters and Brothers.
You can find Kristen over at her blog: www.onlybygrace415.com Listen in to this convicting, yet inspiring talk about how she’s using her online ministry platform for dealing with racism and religion as a Christian.
Grab your journal and pen, get comfortable, sip your chai, and tune into today’s episode. I just know you’re going to enjoy every minute of it!
Is there a message brewing in your belly or a ministry you know in your knowa the Lord’s calling you to build in the online space?
Are you ready to have the kind of Kingdom Influence that reaches the masses and places where your feet may never tread?
Then download my FREE Guide called The Kingdom Influencers Online Ministry Guide
In it, you will learn my top strategies for expanding your audience reach, growing an online following, and maintaining a thriving ministry platform.
Get this free guide now by heading over to angelicaduncan.com/guide
Three quick things…
- Go ahead a hit that subscribe button so you’ll be in the know at the very moment new episodes of the Angelica Duncan show are released
- If you hear something that’s shareable or you know the perfect person who needs to hear that message or tip that I or one of my guests give. Then, please DO share it with them. God could be using you as a catalyst for change in their lives.
- Head on over to angelicaduncan.com. There you can grab some spirit-building and ministry-building resources that I pinky-promise will serve you well.
I’m so delighted and honored you’re here with me!
…there’s only one way to live a spirit-filled life and build a Spirit-filled ministry and that’s to dance with the King Christ Jesus!
Leave a Reply